Located in Pontypridd, the Glyntaff Crematorium was one of the earliest crematoriums to open within the UK. It opened in 1924 and for more than thirty years, it was the only crematorium throughout the whole of Wales. It features two traditionally designed chapels as well as beautifully designed gardens that have a sense of not only dignity but peace too. Service times are quite short, restricted to just 20 minutes but this can be extended if required at an additional fee. The crematorium can also cater to a variety of religious and non-religious requests to reflect the wishes of the deceased and their family. After the cremation service has taken place, a number of memorial options are available on site from the Book of Remembrance to shrubs, rose bushes and plaques.