Burnley Crematorium on Accrington Road, Burnley has been providing cremation services to the general public since it opened on the 28 August 1958. Serving the local areas of Burnley, Nelson Colne, Pendle, Padiham, Rossendale and parts of the Ribble Valley. The crematorium chapel was constructed in a typical style reflective of the 1950s and it is set in a peaceful enclave at the edge of Rosgrove. The crematorium has capacity for 180 mourners and there is additional standing room towards the back of the chapel. Each funeral service is allocated a period of 40 minutes. The grounds of the crematorium are open every day of the year from 9am until sunset.