Website Terms and Conditions
Last update April 2019
- Welcome to our website, https://www.beyond.life ("Website"). The Website is provided by Beyond.Life Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09639436 and whose registered office is at 3 Loughborough Street, London, SE11 5RB, with VAT registration number 219 3992 77 ("Beyond","us", "we" or "our" for short). "You" and "your" means you as the user of our Website.
- The Website has the following main functions:
- Provision of general information relating to death, funerals and bereavement; and
- Aggregating of information and providing centralised booking point for selected third party funeral goods and services providers who wish to offer their goods and services for sale via our Website ("Partners").and
- Online tools which provide various services including writing a will and creating an obituary.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- our "Privacy & Cookies Policy" which outlines how we use, protect and process your personal information; and
- your obligations when uploading comments or other contributions and content ("UGC") to our Website (our "User Generated Content Policy"), together or individually these may be referred to as our "Terms and Policies".
If you wish to purchase any product or service from us, then you will be required to read and accept our Customer Terms and Conditions in relation to the products or services we offer from the Website here (our "Customer Terms and Conditions").
If you are a current or potential business partner of Beyond, then your relationship with us will also be governed by our Partner Terms and Conditions found on the Website here (our “Partner Terms and Conditions”)
We reserve the right to amend all our terms and policies from time to time. You should check our terms and policies regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. You will be deemed to have accepted any changes to the Terms and Policies if you continue to access or use the Website.
Use of this Website
Accessing our Website
- Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend our Website (and any products or services offered on it) without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website or any part of it is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- We update our Website from time to time and so may change the content at any time without notice to you. We reserve the right to withdraw, vary or suspend the Website (or any part of it) at any time without notice.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access and view this Website and should ensure you have up to date anti-virus software on any device from which your access our Website. We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Do not rely on information on this Website
- Materials and information posted on our Website are not intended as advice and should not be relied upon as such. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information to the fullest extent permissible by all applicable laws.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Misuse of our Website
- You must not misuse our Website by:
- knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material, programme or code which adversely affects the operation of any computer software or hardware (or is designed to do so); and/or
- gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website; and/or
- attacking our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- Breach of this clause might constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co- operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- If you are aged 18 years old or over, you may create an account and become a registered member of the Website ("Member"). If you are under 18 then you may only register for the memorials section of our Website and must first have permission to do so from your parent or guardian.
- As a Member you may have access to additional services and/or functionality, for example, the ability to create an account, save contact information, and post user generated content onto the Website.
- Any personal information that you provide to us in the course of becoming a Member or after registration will be held and used in accordance with any consent obtained from you and the terms of our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- We reserve the right to cancel membership to the Website and/or withdraw any or all Members’ rights. We shall not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from a Member’s inability to access any pages on the Website
- If you choose, or you are provided with a username of password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose this to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your Member username or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
- Any UGC posted will be attributed to the Member but we will not publish your email address on the Website (content will be attributed either anonymously or using your full name or initials.
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish any UGC (or remove without notice any previously published UGC) if it does not adhere to our User Generated Content Policy. We shall not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from such decision to refuse to publish (or to remove previously published) UGC.
- We also reserve the right to close the Member accounts and/or ban particular users from being able to post UGC to the Website if they persistently and/or seriously breach the terms of the User Generated Content Policy.
- Views and opinions expressed in UGC submitted by Members of the Website or other members of the public are those of the individual submitting the UGC, not those of Beyond and we accept no responsibility for the content of such UGC.
- Please note that any UGC contained within the Website may not have been verified or approved by us.
- However, if you find any UGC on the Website to be in any way offensive, obscene, defamatory, racist, harmful, inaccurate, unlawful, illegal or deceptive in any way, please notify us by emailing us at [email protected] the subject heading "Objectionable Content". On receipt of your complaint we may remove or block access to the UGC complained of.
- You may only view, print out, use, quote from and cite the Website and the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use and on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgement to Beyond.
- Nothing in the above licence impairs or restricts any author's moral rights in respect of the Materials.
- We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in and to the Website and the Materials and your use of the Website and Materials is subject to the following restrictions. You must not:
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials; and/or
- use any Materials from the Website in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right or proprietary right of us or any third parties; and/or
- use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from this Website ("screen scraping"), except in cases where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written licence agreement directly with us that expressly permits such activity; and/or
- reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame (or use any other browser or border environment), communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit this Website and/or the Materials for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent by way of a licence agreement.
- We expressly reserve all rights in and to the https://www.beyond.life domain name and the https://www.director.beyond.life domain name and all related domains and sub-domains, the name "Beyond", our logo device, service marks, trading names and/or trademarks. Other trademarks, products, mascot and company names mentioned on the Website may be trademarks of their respective owners or licensors and the rights in such marks are reserved to their respective owners or licensors.
Linking to our Website
- You may link to any page of the Website, for non-commercial purposes provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal, and which does not damage our reputation or take unfair advantage of it. For the avoidance of doubt, the linking site must not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
- You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not remove or obscure by framing or otherwise, advertisements, any copyright notice, or other information published on the Website.
- Our Website must not be framed or be subjected to any other browser or border environment on any other site.
- If you would like to link to our Website for commercial purposes or any purpose not included above, please contact [email protected]
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without notice.
Privacy, your personal data and cookies
Third party content and third-party websites
- Our Website may contain advertising submitted by third parties. Such third parties are solely responsible for the content of such advertising and for ensuring that it complies with all relevant legislation and regulations. We do not accept any responsibility for the content of any third-party advertising
- Our Website and/or the Materials may contain links to third-party websites (including those of our Partners). If you decide to visit any third-party site, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable directly or indirectly for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites or the standard of goods or services available through or on such websites. Unless expressly stated otherwise, links do not imply that we are, or our Website is, affiliated to or associated with such sites.
- Our communications with you may contain information sourced from third party websites. Material from a third-party site will be marked as such and a link to the source website may be provided. We accept no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third-party website which is linked from our communications with you, or any use of personal data by such a third party.
- The inclusion of any link in our communications with you does not imply endorsement by us of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website to another website, our other terms and policies will no longer be in applicable. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which are linked to ours, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. Please read those terms and policies before proceeding.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Website. In particular we do not represent or warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. You must take your own precautions in this respect. In any event, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to you depending on your relationship with Beyond. If you are a customer, then these will be stated in our Customer Terms and Conditions. If you are a Partner, then these will be stated in our Partner Terms and Conditions.
- We do not accept liability for any failure to maintain the Website and/or late or failed delivery of any Materials.
- The Website is provided for domestic and private use only. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, other than as permitted under our Customer or Partner terms., We accept no liability for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- The Materials may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Materials.
- This Website is provided for users in the United Kingdom only. Whilst access may be possible from outside the United Kingdom, this Website is not intended for such use and such users access the Website at their own risk.
Legal compliance and applicable law