Free Will Terms and Conditions
Last update 5 March 2018
Please read these Will Terms and Conditions carefully before you complete your Will. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference. If you do not agree to these Free Will Terms and Conditions, you must not use our Website to make a Will.
Below is a summary of our key terms and conditions. However, these should not be used as a substitute for reading the full version.
- We will always refer to the Will in a capitalised form to avoid confusion (e.g. “It will only take you ten minutes to complete your free Will”)
- This Will service is provided completely free of charge
- This Will is a simple (or basic) service - it will not be suitable for complex situations
- We are not providing legal, financial or tax advice to your specific situation, you should always obtain separate advice where you are unsure
- We cannot, and do not, guarantee to keep this free service up to date or available
- It is only suitable if you live in England & Wales
- It is only suitable if all your assets are in England & Wales This Will will only be valid if you follow the instructions and guidance provided correctly
If you want to talk to us, please get in touch with our team:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 0800 044 9569
- Post: Beyond Customer Service, 3 Loughborough Street, London, SE11 5RB.
- “Website” means https://beyond.life/
- “Our” means Beyond Ltd, a trading name of Funeralbooker Ltd registered company number 09639436 of address 3 Loughborough Street, London, SE11 5RB.
- We reserve the right to, from time to time, change the Website and the Will Service provided.
- Where this relates to law and regulatory changes we will take reasonable measures to inform you of the changes via email so you can update your Will, as necessary.
- We reserve the right to suspend your account if we have reason to believe you have breached these Terms.
- We reserve the right to suspend the Will service to make technical changes or to make updates to the service.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to end our Will service at any point.
- We reserve the right to share anonymised data from our Will service with our partners including, but not limited to, informing charities of legacy amounts gifted in their name.
Accessing Our Will Service
- To access the Will service from our Website, you will need to create a user account.
- If you do not agree to these terms, or you are under the age of 18, then you should not access our Will service.
- Any Will accessed or created from the Website is for your use only and you are not permitted to provide Wills from our site for resale.
- We will make the Will available to you in a digital download format when you have entered the necessary information.
Beyond as Executor and Trustee
- There is no initial charge for appointing Beyond as a sole or joint executor in a Will.
- Our fee for acting as executor will be agreed, fixed and charged to the estate at the time we commence our executor duties.
- Where Beyond is appointed executor of a Will, either sole or joint, we will give favourable consideration to renouncing our appointment upon request, provided we are satisfied that suitable alternative arrangements are in place and the interests of the beneficiaries are not compromised as a result.
- There are no cost implications to you if we are asked to renounce.
- If you are aware of a specific reason why we should not renounce our position as executor, we recommend that this is stated clearly in a supporting document that is included with the Will. Alternatively, please contact us directly so that we are aware of any arrangements that may affect our position as executor.
Limitation of Liability
- Our Website and the Will service is provided free of charge and we accept no liability and offer no warranty with regards to their access or use.
- The information, legal and otherwise, provided on the Website does not amount to legal advice and we do not guarantee this is correct.
- We cannot know specific circumstances and situations and do not guarantee that our service is appropriate for you.
- We are not a law form nor are we regulated by the Law Society of England and Wales.
- You are entirely responsible for your use of the Website and you are also entirely responsible for following such instructions and guidance as are provided. We shall bear no liability for any failure to follow instructions.
- The Will service is based on current law and regulatory practices. We bear no liability if your Will becomes out of date or invalid owing to future law or regulatory changes. We will do our best to notify you of changes to the law or regulatory practices but do not guarantee to do so and hold no liability for this.
- The Will is generated based on the data you have entered and we do not check your data for correctness or accuracy. We shall bear no liability for ensuring your data is entered correctly.
- The Will is designed to be appropriate for use in England and Wales only. Therefore, if you live or have assets outside England and Wales then the Will may not be appropriate for your use and we shall bear no liability for its use.
- We shall not be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, special or incidental damage arising out of or connected with the use of the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, any loss of data and any loss of profits.
- Nothing in these Terms limits our liability in relation to personal injury or death arising from our negligence.
Other Important Terms
- We reserve the right to change these Terms, as well as the other Website terms referenced, at any time and without notice to you.
- These Terms, as well as the other Website terms, form the entire basis of our agreement with you and no other terms shall form part of these Terms including any terms implied by any communications with us.
- A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement. This does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists, or is available, apart from that Act.
- No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this Agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- If any of these Customer Terms and Conditions are determined by a competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You and we each agree that the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from, or related to, the Will service or the Website.